Frequently Asked Questions

We can complete any type of assessment or application to secure planning permission. We also offer a wide range of services from building regulations compliance to construction.

Planning FAQ's

In order for the Government to control development, developers must seek permission from their council. Without planning permission, the council may lead to considering formal enforcement action which could result in the removal of unauthorised works/cessation of use, or prosecution.

Permitted development is planning permission which Parliament has granted, subject to condition and limitations as set out in The Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015.

For development to your house, the relevant section is Part 1, Schedule 2 of the Order, and some of Part 2.


Our Planners and Architectural Designers have experience and knowledge working with councils and developers. We have a lead RTPI Planner and Architectural Designers who oversees our projects to ensure we submit the best proposal to the Council.

The preparation and submission of an application can take up to 2 weeks;

Pre-Assessment and Survey – one day
Architectural Drawing Plans – ten days
Submission of Application – one day

Once it has been submitted and validated by the council, it can take up to a statutory time of 8-12 weeks for an application to be determined.

We propose the best possible option for the council to grant planning permission using our expertise and knowledge within councils.

Planning permission can be refused, and in such instances, we can re-submit an alternative proposal or appeal the decision. Depending on the option, there may be charges involved, which we will notify you of in advance.

Architectural FAQ's

Buildings are controlled by The Building Regulations which ensures that they are going to be built safe, healthy and high-performing.

The regulations cover specific topics: structural integrity, fire protection, accessibility, energy performance, acoustic performance, protection against falls, electrical and gas safety. They also lay standards for drains, ventilation, protection against the ingress of water and protection against contamination including methane and radon gas.

These drawings provide detailed specifications and technical information for the Building Control department to assess and check compliance with Building Regulations, and for Builders to quote accurately from, and to use whilst building the development.

This depends on the proposed works which are outlined by the Architectural Designer. 

A Structural Engineer determines the strength, durability and safety of a structure. They provide essential drawings and calculations which are used by the Architectural Designer and Builder.

A survey is carried out where the Architectural Designer discusses your proposal on-site whilst assessing the space and house, taking measurements and photographs, to draw out the best design possible whilst factoring planning and building constraints. The survey can take up to two hours.

Thereafter, draft drawing plans are provided so you have the opportunity to make any amendments.

Homeowners are responsible for water pipes that run within land ownership – supply pipe.

If the building works are within three metres of a public sewer or one metre of a public lateral drain, it would need approval before starting any works.

Construction FAQ's

We’ve built a trusted network of builders who manage construction works. They are vetted and fully insured, and are reliable professionals who have years of experience on residential extensions and improvements, and commercial projects.

For an average size and build specification, it can take up to 3-4 months.

Our builders do focus on getting the job done as quickly as possible to avoid unnecessary delays and disruption, however, the quality of the build is never compromised so at times it can take longer than expected.

The cost of an average size and build specification is around £30,000 – £40,000.

It all depends on the size of the extension, the structural layout, material and the location of your house.

General FAQ's

We have a team of professionals with a wide range of knowledge and experience from residential to commercial projects, working within councils and the private sector.

We know how to secure planning permission and help maximise on investment. Our Planners, Architectural Designers and Engineers are qualified, and our trusted Builders are vetted and insured.

Our three primary planning services are:

Pre-Assessment – This application is to give you an idea of how the Council may assess your proposal and whether it would be likely to get planning permission.

Householder Application – This application involves a pre-assessment, survey, Architectural drawing plans and application management. The assessment looks at any constraints within the site and local area. The survey provides essential information to the planning officer and Architectural Designer to prepare the best proposal to the Council. The application is prepared and submitted along with drawing plans, seeking planning permission for your proposal.

Commercial Application – This is an application for proposals beyond household development such as new builds, changes of uses etc. This involves a pre-assessment, site appraisal, survey, architectural drawing plans and application management. It could involve obtaining external advice and reports from specialist professionals and require legal consultation and agreements.

We can also assist with Architectural Design and Construction.

We’ve devised a fixed fee approach for each type of development. Please follow the ‘Get a Quote’ icon at the top for a free initial quotation.

We use a secure payment platform to take payments for our service. Payments are made in full and are non-refundable.